Monday, January 21, 2008

Rachel Turns 20

Our girlie turned 20 on Friday. I could say time passes quickly, and it seems like yesterday that her entire little body would fit compactly into my lap to hide in a coozie, giggling the entire time. But that's too obvious. If you aren't familiar with a coozie, perhaps someday Rachel (or Veronica) will share. What I will say is that she is a beautiful, smart and funny young lady. She has classic taste in fashion, with just the right bit of trend thrown in for fun; she is discerning with art, whether it be music, books, movies, or other; and she is a romantic at heart, just like her dad. And she is a talented and amazing writer. I observe her with great pride in my heart, and the happy tears fall quietly knowing that our teaching, discipline and love will now be things she passes along.


Here's a pic of us last night at Buca di Beppo, where we celebrated with Lynn, Janna, Grandma Connie and Vince (Rachel's friend. Since I don't know how they refer to each other, I'm sticking with friend for now. She can correct me with her comments).

But now you're wondering what Vince looks like, right? Here he is with Rachel, hamming it up a bit for the camera.

Thanks for checking in with my blog today. Until next time...

2 comments:

The Union Weekly said...

haha! ah, that picture. yes, he is my boyfriend!

I think that's one of the nicest things anyone's ever said about me. Thank you! :)

i miss the coozie and your ninja turtle eyes. :)

i love you! pinky promise!

love, rachel

The Union Weekly said...

i dont know why that says im the union weekly.