Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Here's to 2008

New Year's Eve was a much anticipated day for me. As most of you know by now, I've been letting my natural hair color grow out since July. And the reveal day finally arrived. After 20 years, I am now all natural. It's been interesting these past few months - most men have thought the idea cool, most women have expressed that they think I'm crazy. Why is that? Is this further proof that women actually are dressing (and coloring) for other women? If men like us natural, are we just fooling ourselves? It takes confidence for a woman under the age of 80 to sport her real hair in todays environment. And I believe we're going to see more of this trend.

I feel fantastic! Kwanna gave me a great haircut- who else would I trust to this? Granted, it was necessary to cut my hair quite short but, girls, it only takes me 5 minutes to do complete hair and makeup. I'm making a list of all the things I can now do for myself with the extra time. I'm guessing you're wondering, "what does she look like?" Well...

Tony and I had a lovely dinner last night at Tracht's in downtown Long Beach to ring out the old, ring in the new. He was THE most dashing man in the entire place. He really knows how to put together a great look. And I finally got to wear the fantastic scarf he bought me in Barcelona. Here we are in all our party glory - aren't we fabulous!?



And to top off the holiday season just right, this morning we spent time in the hottub with a cup of coffee. This is just one of the reasons California livin' is so great.



Wishing all of you the most wonderful blessings for 2008!

2 comments:

Tom Jordan said...

Hi Hope - I Couldn't see any photos for this post. . .

By the way, I applaud your decision regarding your natural hair color. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope,
I think you look great with your natural hair color. You know how I feel about being natural. Keep it that way. You don't look a day older than you did before. I love you! Love, Mama